Looking for the right words this Valentine’s Day?
If you’re ready to unleash your inner Romeo, but can’t quite find the right words to show the love you have for your loved one, we’ve got you covered! We’ve gathered some of the most beautiful inspiration for your Valentine’s Day card message.
The history books have been ransacked to find poetic ways to say “I love you”. After all, we just want to get beyond the white noise of modern technology and find words that speak meaning, and hopefully offer you a message that’s just perfect for your dearest.
So here goes…
Your top 10 elegant ways to say” I love you” this Valentine’s Day!
1. “When I saw you I fell in love. And you smiled because you knew.”
— William Shakespeare
Falling in love can happen in only a fifth of a second so it’s no surprise that Bill Shakespeare knew this fun fact hundreds of years ago.
2. “Adventures are great, especially when the person you love is your destination.”
How sweet to know you are always coming back to your Valentine at the end of all life’s daily journey’s.
3. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
— Dr Seuss.
Who knew Dr Seuss was such a romantic!
4. “I didn’t plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt that you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear neither of us had any control over what was happening to us”
— Nicholas Sparks from “The Notebook”
A classic taken from one of the greatest ‘book turned movie’ love stories of our time, who could resist a Nicholas Sparks original.
5. “Love, I’ve come to realize is more than three little words muttered before bed. Love is in the little things we do for each other every day.”
— Nicholas Sparks from “The Wedding”.
And another from the all time great romance novelist Nicholas Sparks! To say it with flowers can really brighten someone else’s journey. Surprising your special someone with flowers really elevates their day making the gesture extra special and memorable.
6. “To get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.”
— Mark Twain
(And to share the other half of that box of Valentine’s Day chocolates that arrived with her Sydney Flowers Valentine’s Day bouquet)
7. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.”
— Henry David Thoreau
And then just keep on loving and loving and loving and loving!
8. “All you need is love. Love is all you need.”
— John Lennon
If your lady love is a musical lover, consider your message holding some lyrics of a favourite song you share and make it personal for her. Sending flowers ensconced in sheet music can really take it to another level.
9. “People fall in love without reason, without even wanting to. You can’t predict it. That’s love.”
— Haruki Murakami
Such a beautiful sentiment to say to your Valentine that Love was a thing that happened to you both, just because.
10. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.”
— Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Because we are all better people when we know love in our lives, from any angle.
Sometimes it’s all about finding the right ways to say “I love you” over and over – these are our favourite picks for timelessly elegant Valentine’s messages. What are your ideas for writing a beautiful and touching message?
We want to make it easy for you to surprise your special someone with a personalised show of love of Valentine’s Day – that’s why we’re offering a complimentary box of chocolates for every Valentine’s order placed before February 7th! So what are you waiting for? Discover our full range of beautiful blooms and delicious treats below!